THE BUDDHIST TEACHINGS
on Death, Dying
and the Journey
Please join us for an intensive mini-workshop with Buddhist monk, Lhoppon Rinpoche. Lhoppon shares with deep compassion, the Buddhist perspective on how to prepare for a conscious dying and the significance of the 49 days following death.
Workshop Topics will include:
- The body & mind process of death
- Meditations to help prepare for a peaceful dying experience
- Positioning the body for release of consciousness after death
- The first experience after death
- The second experience after death
- The third experience after death
- Guiding the sick toward their dying
- Rituals for the 49 days following death
Cost:$25 Cash Donation. Profits will support the Mipham Shedra Sangha in Boulder Colorado of which Lhoppon Rinpoche is founder. It is a non-profit, non-sectarian Vajrayana Buddhist educational institute dedicated to providing Dharma education to sincere Dharma students of all traditions.
RSVP Here or to Olivia Bareham: 310 * 968 * 2763 or sacredcrossings [@] gmail [.] com
Lhoppon Rinpoche will be available for 20 minute private sessions on Saturday morning, November 17.
Appointment Contact: Olivia as above
Lhoppon Rinpoche was born in a Tibetan refugee camp in Bir, India. At 5 years old he entered into the Palyul Cho Khor Ling Monastery, where he spent his childhood training, practicing and studying with His Holiness Penor Rinpoche and other great teachers. Upon completing his training Lhoppon was guided to provide services for the dying and deceased, and at age 27 he was sent to teach in the United States.
Lhoppon has assisted many sentient beings through the dying and after-death period, offering great comfort and benefit to them and their families. It is Lhoppon's great joy to offer his compassion and services in the West and throughout the world.
Location: Map to The GATEWAY Portal
Free Parking in attached lot directly behind building first come first serve. When/if full, ample free surrounding street parking.
Housekeeping Notes from Host Location, The GATEWAY:
* Thank you for honoring No Food or Eating or Drinks other than water in containers with lids inside the offices or workshop space of The GATEWAY.
* Cell phones silenced as you enter The GATEWAY Quiet Zones please. Thank you.
* The GATEWAY Portal practices and asks you, its attendees to join us in upholding a no perfume policy as possible. We also practice and ask all to adhere to a no candle and no incense burning policy for those sensitive to synthetic smells as well as for lessening our harmful carbon footprint impact on the environment. Please note that practitioners are permitted to burn a naturally sun dried herb called sage to clean the space energetically. & lastly where candles are part of a sacred ritual, safe, non-scented candles are permitted to be burned upon expressed consent by GATEWAY's operating director. If you have any further questions on this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
* Also, in as much as we LOVE animals outside humans, no animals other than humans are permitted inside The GATEWAY. Blessedly this does not eliminate our Practitioners here at GATEWAY from being able to do work on them, as often they work remotely and/or with photos or props. We thank the universe for Quantum on that. Where necessary, the Practitioner may set up chairs and a portable divider to makeshift a little private area outside near our patio to do hands on work with animals. Thank you so much for your understanding and co-operation.
Also feel free to check out the whole of GATEWAY's upcoming calendar at http://www.meetup.com/TheGATEWAYPortal/events/
Our official website is http://thegatewayportal.com/
If not already on our mailing list, email heart-to-heart [@] thegatewayportal [.] com indicating you'd like to be added.
Thank you for your interest in this venue. Please visit us often, as we love your company
as inspired, feel free to spread the word with anyone you know that we may also serve.