7 to 9PM
The Santa Monica Eckhart Tolle Meetup
with Michael Jeffreys
meets on the first Sunday of each month
We celebrate, explore and share with each other, ways to put into daily practice the teachings of Eckhart Tolle.
Come join us as we share ideas, tips & strategies that have helped each of us to "stay in the moment" (since that's all there is!). In fact, you & the present moment are inseparable because you & the present moment are ONE. Learning to see, feel, experience & live as this present moment aliveness, your true nature, is what this meetup is all about.
Many of the ideas and teachings are from Eckhart Tolle and his life changing books: "The Power of Now," "Stillness Speaks" and "A New Earth." We also do presence exercises/meditations that help bring you very powerfully into the present moment.
At our meetups, the opportunity is to experience a new way of being that is radically different than the traditional, ego based way of seeing ourselves and the world. As you have probably already figured out, constantly trying to maintain a "successful" facade with its never ending host of problems, is both draining and ultimately unfulfilling.
Learning to be fully present is not some mystical experience reserved for only a special few. It is available to anyone who is open to the possibility of no longer operating from past beliefs, experiences or thoughts. It's about letting go of the "judger" within, and fully experiencing each moment as it is, without needing it to be different.
There's no need to "go it alone" when you can have a group of fun, like-minded, conscious individuals supporting you on your life's journey. Hope to see you at our next meetup!
Click Here to view a video Michael Jeffreys put together of Eckhart quotes to music for your En-Joyment!
Lastly, an all- pertinent Eckhart Tolle Quote:"Identification with your mind creates an opaque screen of concepts, labels, images, words, judgments, and definitions that blocks all true relationship. It comes between you and yourself, between you and your fellow man and woman, between you and nature, between you and God. It is this screen of thought that creates the illusion of separateness, the illusion that there is you and a totally separate "other." You then forget the essential fact that, underneath the level of physical appearances and separate forms, you are one with all that is."
RSVP and make Paypal Payment Right Here via Meetup
Questions to mjeffreys [@] roadrunner [.] com More about Michael Jeffreys at http://mjeffreys.com/
Location: Map to The GATEWAY Portal
Free Parking in attached lot directly behind building first come first serve. When/if full, ample free surrounding street parking.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Housekeeping Notes from Host Location, The GATEWAY:
* Thank you for honoring No Food or Eating or Drinks other than water in containers with lids inside the offices or workshop space of The GATEWAY.
* Cell phones silenced as you enter The GATEWAY Quiet Zones please. Thank you.
* The GATEWAY Portal practices and asks you, its attendees to join us in upholding a no perfume policy as possible. We also practice and ask all to adhere to a no candle and no incense burning policy for those sensitive to synthetic smells as well as for lessening our harmful carbon footprint impact on the environment. Please note that practitioners are permitted to burn a naturally sun dried herb called sage to clean the space energetically. & lastly where candles are part of a sacred ritual, safe, non-scented candles are permitted to be burned upon expressed consent by GATEWAY's operating director. If you have any further questions on this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
* Also, in as much as we LOVE animals outside humans, no animals other than humans are permitted inside The GATEWAY. Blessedly this does not eliminate our Practitioners here at GATEWAY from being able to do work on them, as often they work remotely and/or with photos or props. We thank the universe for Quantum on that. Where necessary, the Practitioner may set up chairs and a portable divider to makeshift a little private area outside near our patio to do hands on work with animals. Thank you so much for your understanding and co-operation.
Also feel free to check out the whole of GATEWAY's upcoming calendar at http://www.meetup.com/TheGATEWAYPortal/events/
Our official website is http://thegatewayportal.com/
If not already on our mailing list, email heart-to-heart [@] thegatewayportal [.] com indicating you'd like to be added.
Thank you for your interest in this venue. Please visit us often, as we love your company
as inspired, feel free to spread the word with anyone you know that we may also serve.