7PM to 9:30PM
Peace Starts at Home:
Dialogue as a Way of Life
Miki Kashtan, Ph.D.
Co-Founder of Nay Area Nonviolent Communication
and NVC Trainer
Would you like to bring peace to your life and your world? The Dalai Lama has said that we create peace by starting at home. That’s how we can increase our ability to meet the challenges of life everywhere with empathy, goodwill, and authenticity.
The purpose of this workshop is to begin exploring the building blocks of dialogue all the way from home to anywhere in the world:
• Dissolving the apparent conflict between authenticity and care for others
• Transforming the legacy of separation, scarcity, and powerlessness to embrace a commitment to everyone’s well-being
• Learning to ask for all we want and to remain open to hearing no
• Finding freedom and power in responding empathically in challenging circumstances
• Stepping into radical self-acceptance every step of the way
Imagine sweet, open dialogue in all your relationships, both intimate and otherwise. Imagine the freedom to choose, in every moment, how you want to meet life. Imagine the power of responding empathically to yourself and those around you. Imagine expanding outward from your personal life and embodying these qualities in the world.
Cost: Sliding Scale from $15 to $40
Contacts: register [@] baynvc [.] org or 510 ~ 433 ~ 0700
Miki Kashtan is a certified NVC trainer and a co-founder of Bay Area Nonviolent Communication. She is inspired by the role of visionary leadership in shaping a livable future, and works toward that vision by sharing the principles and practices of Nonviolent Communication through mediation, meeting facilitation, consulting, and training for organizations and for committed individuals. She holds a Ph.D. in Sociology from UC Berkeley. Her articles have appeared in Tikkun Magazine, Psychology Today, Waging Nonviolence and Shareable.
Location: Map to The GATEWAY Portal
Free Parking in attached lot directly behind building first come first serve. If/when full, street parking.
Housekeeping Notes from Host Location, The GATEWAY:
* Thank you for honoring No Food or Eating or Drinks other than water in containers with lids inside the offices or workshop space of The GATEWAY.
* Cell Phones silenced as you enter The GATEWAY Quiet Zones please. Thank you.
* The GATEWAY Portal practices and asks you, its attendees to joinus in upholding a no perfume policy as possible. We also practice and ask all to adhere to a no candle and no incense burning policy for those sensitive to synthetic smells as well as for lessening our harmful carbon footprint impact on the environment. Please note that practitioners are permitted to burn a naturally sun dried herb called sage to clean the space energetically. & lastly where candles are part of a sacred ritual, safe, non-scented candles are permitted to be burned upon expressed consent by GATEWAY's operating director. If you have any further questions on this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
* Also, in as much as we LOVE animals outside humans, no animals other than humans are permitted inside The GATEWAY. Blessedly this does not eliminate our Practitioners here at GATEWAY from being able to do work on them, as often they work remotely and/or with photos or props. We thank the universe for Quantum on that. Where necessary, the Practitioner may set up chairs and a portable divider to makeshift a little private area outside near our patio to do hands on work with animals. Thank you so much for your understanding and co-operation.
Feel free to check out the whole of GATEWAY's upcoming calendar at http://www.meetup.com/TheGATEWAYPortal/events/
Our official website is http://thegatewayportal.com/
If not already on our mailing list, email heart-to-heart [@] thegatewayportal [.] com indicating you'd like to be added.
Thank you for your interest in this venue. Please visit us often, as we love your company
as inspired, feel free to spread the word with anyone you know that we may also serve.