Tony Camacho, C.Ht...
TheGATEWAYPortal
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 48

The GATEWAY and I, Tony Camacho, are deeply saddened to share with you the passing of Loren Collins this morning (Thurs Oct 13th). It is not entirely clear as to the cause but it appears to be a suicide. For those of you who had the blessed opportunity to connect with Loren at various workshops or hiking, I’m sure you agree what a wonderful, giving young man he was. He was a man who had faced much adversity in his youth but he was also a young man seeking with a fierce intensity to unravel the truth within himself, exploring how to excavate more of the loving, giving him. He was an example in many ways of how we might navigate through our world. His beaming, glowing, radiant smile is imprinted in an indelible way upon my heart as with many of you. Our condolences, our love and prayers especially to his family, mother Chris, brother Landon and girlfriend Rebecca and for Loren for demonstrating the courage and strength he did, for be-gifting his world the beloved footprint he so very much has.
Gary
user 2695575
Studio City, CA
Post #: 2
Very sorry to hear... I could of only hoped I worked with him on these overpowering impulses. Sometime there is no way out... yet there is always hope....I would urge any surviving family members to look at their Generational Systemic effects that prompted this choice. The reaction to this stimuli doesn't stop with him but is held by the larger Family system of which he is a part of. Namaste to him on his journey of Discovery and deepest sympathy to his surviving family. Namaste GAARY
David
DavidSpetner
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 26
I am so sorry to hear this. Tony, I agree with everything you said describing Loren. I knew him from A Course in Miracles class and he would often come to the meditation group at my house. He was a very gentle person, having worked hard putting his difficult past behind him and eagerly focusing on his spirituality and loving side. That wasn't hard to do. Loren was a very loveable person, sweet and gentle. One time at meditation, his mother Chris came with him and there was an obvious love and caring between them. He will be missed and we will say a prayer for Loren at our next meetings.
Tony Camacho, C.Ht...
TheGATEWAYPortal
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 49
***Anyone that knew him or wants to pay respects, there is a memorial to be held on Sunday Oct 23rd. Place and time yet to be announced so please keep abreast and check back. We would love you to attend to celebrate and collectively express gratitude for him with us. & please feel free to call us 310/479-0430.
Heidi
Heidi_Marie
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 15
FYI:
Come One, Come All
The Celebration of Loren’s Life will be Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011 at 3:00PM at First Christian Church of Torrance, 2930 El Dorado St., Torrance , CA 90503
David
DavidSpetner
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 27
Need a Ride?
I'm glad to drive anyone who wants to go, leaving from The Gateway, no later than 2:15.
Just leave a reply to this message and we can figure it out. I can take 4 others beside
myself.
David Spetner
dspetner at beachnet.com
(310) 476-9898
Heidi
Heidi_Marie
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 16
Hey David. If you yet have room, we would love to carpool with you. Danielle also shared with us that she is a maybe to be able to attend and if so, would be interested in carpooling if possible.
David
DavidSpetner
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 28
Hi Heidi, Right now I have my friend Michelle, so if there are three of you; You, Danielle and Tony, that works! (although someone will have to volunteer to sit in the middle in the back seat)