The Greater Brunswick Area Women's Social Club Message Board › Brainstorming time

Brainstorming time

Lynne
user 11764299
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 5
Hi Ladies,

Well, the economy finally hit Common Good Ventures. I was just told March 1st is going to be my last day. The are consolidating back office functions (getting rid of me, the bookkeeper and treasurer) and hiring one person to do all. Never mind the fact that I totally understand the rationale behind that, I AM OUT OF A JOB!

So, if you could help get the word out that there is a great office manager looking for a job I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lynne
JoAnn T.
user 13521689
Topsham, ME
Post #: 5
Lynme,

I am so sorry. This economy stinks and what else can happen? If I knew of something I'd surely let you know.

JoAnn
A former member
Post #: 14
Bummer! I'll talk to you more about it tonight but someone I know does a lot of contract work or even accepts positions in businesses. Whenever she has a change or is ending one thing, she sends an email to everyone on her contact list, includes her resume and info about her current situation and what she is looking for and asks that they let her know if they hear anything or share it with others. Sounds like what you're doing here, too, but I recommend sending it to everyone you know. Good luck!
A former member
Post #: 4
So sorry to hear that. I lost my teacing job at a CUNY school this term. Hope you find something else soon.