New York, NY
Director, Mobile and Emerging Platforms
Pls send resume to jennifer dot king at viacom dot com
The Viacom Media Networks Entertainment Group (Comedy Central, Spike, and TV Land) is looking for an experienced Director for its Mobile and Emerging Platforms team. The right candidate will have a strong background in media and entertainment, will be a fan of our content, talent and franchises, and will have a passion for developing innovative mobile and “emerging platform” (e.g. connected TVs) products that are engaging, intuitive and provide meaningful solutions to our target audience of young guys.
Reporting to the VP, Mobile and Emerging Platforms, the Director will play a key role in all phases of the product life cycle from product strategy and vision to execution and launch, through servicing, maintaining, and evolving the product post-launch. Key responsibilities include: market analysis, gathering and prioritizing product features, and working closely with product team, designers, engineers, and all key stakeholders to ensure timely and high quality delivery of products that support our overall business strategy and goals.
• Contribute to the overall development of the product vision and strategy, propose business cases for features, and achieve team buy-in on priorities based on analysis of customer needs, trends, competitive landscape, and business models.
• Define requirements, lead project implementation, coordinate cross-functional teams, and drive time-to-market.
• Lead products through the entire lifecycle – from concept to launch and optimization – by working closely with the tech team, editorial, design, project management, marketing and business stakeholders to execute on product and business plans.
• Scope project strategies, initiatives, budgets and resources.
• Analyze, monitor and report on product initiatives against key success metrics and present plans for revising and improving performance.
• Drive ongoing product updates and user experience improvements to ensure achievement of business objectives.
• Oversee QA process, ensuring that new features work correctly and match business specifications.
• Work with VP to develop and execute the product strategy and plans to reach our target consumer segments via mobile channels and achieve overall audience engagement and revenue goals.
• Partner with other Entertainment group teams to understand best practices and ensure proper integration and promotion with other Entertainment properties where necessary.
• Oversee development of new mobile and emerging platforms products, and ensure proper mobile implementation of cross-platform sites and experiences.
• 6+ years experience conceptualizing and executing mobile products and applications with a demonstrated success in building market-winning interactive products in a consumer-facing environment.
• Demonstrated background in overseeing the user experience design lifecycle including UX design, wire framing, comp development and user testing processes.
• Customer-focused mind-set while understanding the needs of ad sales.
• Beyond the buzzwords, has a working, first-person understanding of key social networks and networking tools.
• Working understanding of the cable TV business.
• Fans of our networks and brands.
• Experience with assessing business opportunity in key products and features.
• Experience with the full life cycle development.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent project management, problem-solving and research skills.