Things Japanese Message Board › Profile Photo Now Required

Profile Photo Now Required

Sally
user 4742768
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA

(Niou-zou at Toushouguu, Nikko from a free photo site)

http://www.yunphoto.net/jp/photobase/yp3560.html­

(Carving on Yomeimon of Toushouguu)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NikkoCarvings5044.jpg­

Dear members,

I am writing in hopes to solve some issue that I have been experiencing. I'm not going into details, but hope you understand as this is a measure necessary for protection and I am determined to solve this problem now.

I will start asking my members to post a profile photo. It serves a purpose of identifying members and screening suspicious ones, and I would like to ask for your cooperation.

Profile photos don't need to be facial. It can be casual snap shot, but something I can identify the face by. If you don't have any photos of you and you need assistance, please let me know.

THE PURPOSE OF THIS PHOTO REQUIREMENT IS TO IDENTIFY WHO YOU ARE, AND I UNDERSTAND SOME MEMBERS' NEED TO BE FACELESS. SO, IF YOU CONTACT ME TO SEND YOUR FACIAL PHOTO PRIVATELY TO ME AND THE IDENTITY IS ESTABLISHED BY ME, YOU DON'T NEED TO POST YOUR PHOTO ON YOUR PROFILE.

Please do this in two weeks, and the members who haven't posted an individual photo OR haven't contacted me will be removed.

I regret the inconvenience this might cause you, but please do understand that this is something very important for me to keep this group going.  I am hoping and very hopeful that this measure will solve the problem. I have encountered many problems/issues before and I am very proud that every time I have solved them with the help of meetup headquarters and members' support and cooperation. I know and I am confident that I can do that again this time.

Thank you very much in advance and hope I can create more fun events with you.

Sincerely,

Sally