addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Things Japanese Message Board › Affordable Stay near Tokyo

Affordable Stay near Tokyo

Sally
user 4742768
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Dear members who came to the Immigration Law and Procedure meetup the other day,

Thank you again for your attendance.  Here's the information on an affordable weekly stay in Japan that I mentioned.  I sent out the following email in April:

http://www.meetup.com...­

Hope it helps and please let me know if you're thinking of staying there))

Sally

Photo courtesy to the hotel website  http://sendan-weekly.ico.bz­

Dear members,

I just wanted to share this information as I think it's very helpful for people who are planning to go to Japan.

The hospital where I had the 2-day complete medical checkup package called "Ningen Dock" is near my parents' house in Matsudo-city, Chiba-ken. And the package included one-night stay at a hotel nearby called Matsudo City Hotel. It was a smaller-scale business hotel, but nice and clean and the staff was friendly.

And I was nicely surprised to learn that the general manager was an LA native who speaks English and perfect Japanese. It was so much fun to talk with someone who was originally from San Fernando Valley at this hotel in Japan! lol

He said he'd visited Japan to study long time ago and got married to a Japanese woman and later got the job. I stayed in a single guest room which was about 6,600 yen per night, but there was another building next to the hotel for long-term stay and the rates are very affordable. I asked the manager, Mr. Bhatti Basharat, to show me the rooms in that weekly-stay hotel and I really liked what I saw. The room size was much smaller, compared to American standard, but with kitchenette and a washing machine in each room it really helps to cut down the cost to stay in Japan.

There are three types of rooms by the size of bed: single, double an twin. Each room has the following amenities:

-Single or double or twin beds

-Table and sofa

-Desk and chair

-TV

-Bathroom with bathtub and towels

-Washing machine

-Closet

-Kitchenette with fridge, microwave, rice cooker, IH stove, pots and pans, utensils and cups and plates

-High speed internet connection

It's located near Matsudo station (JR Joban-line and Subway Chiyoda-line), 7 minutes by foot and there are many stores including department stores, restaurants and supermarkets. To Tokyo (Ueno) it takes about 30 minutes by train.

The rates are:

Single  5,000 yen/day (about $61)

Double  7,000 yen/day (approx. $86)

Twin      8,000 yen/day (yaku $98)

But you have to stay minimum 7 days.

The name of the hotel is Sendan-ya Weekly and the hotel was originally started as a traditional Japanese inn long time ago (1868!) Later it was remodeled to become a modern-day business hotel.

Since it has a kitchenette with pots and pans, you can easily walk to nearby supermarkets or convenience stores to buy food and ingredients and cook or heat up. That way you can really save money if you're traveling on budget and spend more money on many different things. And as you can also wash your clothes in your room you can travel light as well. The regular hotel side has tatami rooms and a restaurant, too.

Sendan-Ya Weekly

63 Nemoto

Matsudo-shi, Chiba-ken 271-0077

Tel: 047-362-0711

Fax: 047-362-0751

http://sendan-weekly.ico.bz­

info@sendan-ya.com­

If you're interested, please email directly to Mr. Basharat at bhatti AT sendan-ya.com­. The great thing is you can write him in English!))

Hope this helps and if you decide to stay, please let me know too as I'm curious to hear the feedback.)

Sincerely,

Sally