Things Japanese Message Board › Meetup details changed: Learning Japanese Through Music (1)

Meetup details changed: Learning Japanese Through Music (1)

Sally
user 4742768
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/ThingsJapanese/events/104862142/­

When: Saturday, March 2, 2013 4:00 PM

Where: An Office in Beverly Hills
0000 Somewhere
Beverly Hills, CA

(2-27-2013)

The venue is going to be a conference room in the office building that the company I work for is located in. I'll email the address to the attendees.

I changed the time from 1pm to 4pm, hoping to accommodate some members who expressed interest but unable to attend due to schedule conflict.

Sally

Hi everyone,

It's been long time since I posted a meetup on this group last time as I've been just swamped with work and other activities, but this is something I'm urged to post now - before the 2nd anniversary of the horrendous earthquake that took so many lives in Northern Japan.

The country that I'm from and love so much has never been the same since that nightmarish day... I still can't believe it's been almost 2 years...

Here's one of the many videos you can find on Youtube that are dedicated to the earthquake victims and I thought it could be a good material to learn Japanese through.

http://youtu.be/T-_xe...­

I haven't picked a venue yet, but hopefully I can announce soon.

Until then, please watch the video and listen to the music and see how much you can comprehend.

At the meetup we will listen together, and Japanese members will help figure out so that you will know the lyric (and the narrations).

日本人会員の皆さん、音楽を通して日本語を学習する会員たちのお手伝いをして頂け­ると幸いです。あの日からもうすぐ、もう2年になるのですね。。ほ んとに信じられない思いなのは私だけではないでしょう。皆それぞれの思いがあることと­思いますが、皆で気持ちを共有できればと思います。どうぞよろしくお 願いします。

This meetup is open to all levels. If you're beginner, you can still enjoy listening.

Good luck and see you soon!

Sally

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.