With more help, we can achieve more. Who wants to get involved?!
We'd like to hold an introductory organizational meeting where you can bring in your ideas and we can start to create a road-map for Think Act Change NYC. WE'RE JUST A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD. How can those of us who are here participating now best work TOGETHER? What is the best use of our time, talents and passion? We can have these meetings periodically as more people join (or get busy and step away) and try to develop this movement organically.
If you would like to get involved but can't attend this time, let us know. There will be other chances!
An agenda for this initial planning meeting might go something like this (but feel free to make suggestions by leaving comments or emailing one of us!):
1) Introductions — introduce yourself, your background, interests, and talents
2) Discuss help needed to make projects more impactful and who would like to do what. A lot goes into planning effective events, from choosing projects, recruiting guest speakers, publicizing events, reaching out to sympathetic groups, identifying actions that can be taken, organizing the actions, preparing written materials (or distribute online only?) and evaluating outcomes.
3) Should we try to fill roles on an ongoing basis or per project? Should we try to recruit additional people with specific abilities/connections to fill some of these roles?
4) Suggest & discuss ideas for future events & actions.
5) Suggest & discuss ideas for fundraising to pay for the programming.