Think Act Change NYC Message Board › Announcing "Half the Sky" Documentary Screening Part I and II

Announcing "Half the Sky" Documentary Screening Part I and II

caroline
user 9826276
New York, NY
I've been wanting to host a screening of this documentary for a while and we've been lucky to secure a venue for this screening at the Center for Remembering and Sharing on Saturday August 10th, 2013.
We'll be screening both parts of the "Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide" documentary.
This documentary, shot in 10 countries: Cambodia, Kenya, India, Sierra Leone, Somaliland, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Liberia and the U.S. Inspired by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn's book, the documentary series introduces women and girls who are living under some of the most difficult circumstances imaginable — and fighting bravely to change them. Traveling with intrepid reporter Nicholas Kristof and A-list celebrity advocates the film reflects viable and sustainable options for empowerment and offers an actionable blueprint for transformation.
The screening is FREE, a suggested donation of $10 at the door will go towards the Half the Sky featured NGO's to support their ongoing work for women across the world.
- Grameem Foundation
- Somaly Mam Foundation
- Room to Read
We encourage everyone to bring a friend, neighbor, family member or co-worker along to this event. It is without doubt, one of the most important documentary to watch in this century.
Seating is limited. Please be polite and RSVP.
http://www.meetup.com/Think-Act-Change-NYC/events/128825552/­
Thank you!
Caroline