Bay Area Thrill Seekers & Adventurers Club! Message Board › Volunteer for the 2009 Senior Games!

Volunteer for the 2009 Senior Games!

A former member
Post #: 7
As a member of this group, I thought our event, the 2009 Senior Games, might be of interest to some of you. The Summer National Senior Games is coming to Stanford University and the Bay Area August 1-15, 2009. The Summer National Senior Games, the largest multi-sport event in the world for men and women athletes age 50 and over and is dedicated to promoting healthy aging through competition and sport. More than 10,000 athletes from all 50 states will be competing in 25 sports. We are looking for community involvement in the form of volunteers with the need for a total of 4,000 volunteers. With over 100 volunteer activities, we have something for everyone from the sports enthusiasts to the environmentalists.

If any of you are interested in the Senior Games, you can find more information on our website at http://www.2009senior...­.

Please register to volunteer at www.2009seniorgames.org/become-a-volunte­er. Don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions. I can be reached at stong@2009seniorgames.org or at (650) 323-9400x17.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Stefanie Tong
Volunteer Management Intern
2009 Senior Games

stong@2009seniorgames.org
www.2009seniorgames.org