We hear a lot from the media about Green and Clean technologies as well as the entrepreneurial opportunities in those areas. Unfortunately, the information the media provide is somewhat distorted by the political extremes who support and oppose green technology. On one side, the supporters of environmentalists at times exaggerate the overall benefits, maturity levels and entrepreneurial opportunities around green technology. The other side constantly downplays the benefits and opportunities around it and cries foul on the investments made by government and private sector on these technologies while ignoring the reality of dwindling natural resources.
To help the local entrepreneurial community obtain an un-biased and objective view of state of green/clean technology, TiE Carolinas is organizing the April dinner event focusing on this topic. This is a panel discussion where we will try to get the following questions answered:
- What are clean and green technologies?
- What is the state of affairs of this industry?
- What progress have these technologies made as a maturing industry?
- What opportunities exist for entrepreneurs in this industry?
- What things should an entrepreneur know to start a clean/green technology venture?
- What kinds of government and non-government support is available for a start-up?
The panelists are those with firsthand knowledge about this industry to answer the above questions having successfully launched and grown clean/green technology ventures.
- Dr. Ganesan “Vish” Visvabharathy, President and CEO of Hawthorne World
- Jody Price, CEO & Founder Large Scale Innovations LLC / Square One Energy LLC
- Prasad Karunakaran, CEO of NADICOM
- Jack Harman, Engineer with Total Green Technologies
- Moderator: Glenn Dunn, Partner with Poyner Spruill LLP
Please make sure to register by clicking on following link or by going to carolinas.tie.org and clicking on events page.