In this 2 day workshop, we will be building a full project management system, that will
have projects, users, to-dos, file uploads and more.
While working on the project we will be doing full TDD, showing the attendants
how a real life project is built, we will use Heroku to deploy our app, GitHub to host it
and pretty much everything you will be doing in your first job as a Ruby on Rails engineer.
1st Session - 17/3/13 (9:00-17:00)
- Building the User model including Authentication
- Building the Project model
- Building the TODO model
2nd Session - 24/3/13 (9:00-17:00)
- Uploading files to ToDo items using jQuery file upload and processing thumbnails
- SASSING up our project using some some twitter bootstrap
- Launching the project and deploying it introduction
- Knowledge in web development
- At least 1 year experience as a web developer in other languages.
- Your system should be running a rails project
- you should have RVM installed and running, and have a real rails project running with no problems.
- MySQL/SQLite should be installed and working with that rails project
- GitHub account