A hands-on workshop about developing server-side, event-driven, aynchronuos i/o, scalable applications, all in JavaScrtipt. The workshop is divided into two parts, Basic and Advanced, and deals with pragmatic, real-world usages of Node.js.
- Experience with web development and HTTP
- Session 1
* Introduction & Setup
* Writing a "Hello World" web-server.
- Session 2
* Core API Basics
* Taking "Hello World" a step further with static content serving and caching
- Session 3
* Introducing the EventEmmitter class and patterns
* Creating & Using Modules
* Improving "Hello World" using streaming
The advanced part of the course includes interfacing with databases (MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis), the Express framework, WebSockets and security. Details will be published...