addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

TipsyThomists Message Board › Cap on Purgatory

Cap on Purgatory

A former member
Post #: 2
TTs,

In looking for literature for next week, I remembered that Dante highlighted Purgatory as a place of extreme suffering and cleansing. He also spoke to the Hope present in suffering in Purgatory, but mostly in the context of his own hope and teh hope that Beatrice brings in her coming. Perhaps we could investigate the philosophical side of Hope in part with a reading of Benedict XVI's encyclical, Spe Salvi? Have you read this yet?

Thanks again for a great first meeting!

In Pax Christi,
Dan
Thuan
user 54901132
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
I like this idea. Excuse me for my poor insight, but I personally felt like I was continuing to dwell and highlight on the sufferings all too much from Inferno into Purgatory and had difficulty with truly seeing the light of hope that was meant to be focused on from Purgatory. It would be refreshing to see the shift in focus within this encyclical!

Thuan