Toronto Amazon Web Services User Group Message Board › This UG Activity is too low

This UG Activity is too low

A former member
Post #: 1
If I don't see any responses/reads to this post I think it's time a more active User Group is set up. With the amount of discussion I'm having with my clients about AWS there's no reason we shouldn't be more active.

The more active we are as a group - the easier it will be to get the word into Canadian organizations about using AWS (and of course - we the UG members being the ones to get them there :) ).

I hope I see replies and I'm proven wrong!

Dave
Carlo C.
user 30951452
St Catharines, ON
Post #: 2
Please don't let this response indicate that you are proven wrong, because there is no activity with this group.

In response to your comment, I use AWS for customers but they are all in the US.

The Patriot Act makes hosting on AWS for Canadian companies unattractive. Even if there were Canadian specific zones the Patriot Act extends to those servers as well.

What customers are using AWS for will greatly effect whether or not to host a Canadian organizations data on AWS.

However it would be interesting to hear from others what they are using AWS for to support Canadian organizations. as well as what their Canadian customers' response has been to the Patriot Act. Is it a deterrent?