Welcome to the largest & most active Chinese Meetup community in Toronto
You don't need to speak Mandarin or have a Chinese origin to join this group--EVERYONE'S WELCOME !!
No requirement on your language ability (English or Chinese) nor on efforts to learn the languages. All we need from you is being friendly^^
Scope: Activities, Dinning, Chinese conversations, Language Exchange, Socializing, Culture, Service to the Chinese & International Community,... plus
Anything of interests and beneficial to group members: Career & job opportunities, Peer assistance among fellow members,... (you name it).
The Toronto Chinese Meetup Group (formerly "Toronto Chinese Exchange" or TCX) is for anyone who speaks Chinese, would like to practice or learn/improve Chinese, or meeting other fellow Chinese for socializing or seeking/providing assistance. Newcomers and Canadian (with Chinese origin) as well as international/exchange students are all welcome.
If you are simply interested in the Chinese culture, foods, or travel, or would like to make some Chinese friends or to develop business connections to China, you are also more than welcome to join our group.
Get social with other friendly members here and have fun!
1. If you are an English speaker (including Caucasian, CBC/ABC, or any other ethnic backgrounds) and would like to know people who speak Chinese fluently, this is the place for you.
2. If you speak Cantonese and a little bit of Mandarin but would like to practice Mandarin (or vice versa), join our group and participate in events when you feel like it.
3. If you are new to Canada and can speak Mandarin and/or Cantonese, you can meet friends who learn Chinese from you and teach you English in exchange. If you are not new here but simply like to know more fellow Chinese and/or friendly people outside the Chinese community, this is also a good place for you.
4. If you speak French, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, as well as any other languages, you are also very welcome to join our friendly group. You can learn Chinese here, exchange your language with other group members of interests, or simply make friends and learn the respective culture from each other.
5. If you plan to become a Chinese teacher or English teacher, come serve as a teacher here in our meetups. Your contributions will be highly valued and appreciated. You may be able to get students interested in your private tutoring as a result.
We encourage people to share their connections to facilitate language/culture/service exchange, and appreciate your efforts to advance this group and build a friendly environment together.
You are welcome to use our message board to find friends who can mutually benefit each other. Feel free to post your needs and/or your offer for help/jobs.