* We are a TOP-5 meetup in Canada (across all cities and categories including social groups) & one of the best in the world!
Welcome to Toronto's Startup Community - TORONTO ENTREPRENEURS !
The Largest & Most Active Startup Community in Canada
** FREE Service ** Supporting Entrepreneurs & Startups in the Extended Greater Toronto Since 2010 **
We are entrepreneurs, professionals and investors with a variety of expertise and resources in the extended Greater Toronto Area (GTA). We organize free events for members with a passion for entrepreneurship, technologies, business, and social innovation. Among us are also business owners, developers, innovators, service providers, recruiters, marketers, researchers, networkers, and graduate students.
The dreamers and the entrepreneurs, not government, built this economy, and they can once again make it strong. ~ Mitt Romney
* Please join and be affiliated with at least one of the above expertise and/or EPI-Net Circles. We will soon be having frequent meetings on specialized topics of the respective groups besides major networking events/seminars across all EPI-Net groups.
Together, We Can Achieve Something Great--Individually & Collectively
Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Univ. of California
* Sometimes I feel that entrepreneurs and successful startup co-founders are like an architect that has a vision ahead of their time, assembles the right resources and people at a right timing, and take persistent actions or creative solutions to make things happen--building what's in our imaginations or wildest dreams that would not have existed otherwise in our age. C.
Sharing of a nice TED talk by Kare Anderson (filmed September 2014 at TED@IBM):
Unlike an increasing number of Americans who are working and living and playing with people who think exactly like them because we then become more rigid and extreme, opportunity-makers are actively seeking situationswith people unlike them, and they're building relationships, and because they do that, they have trusted relationships where they can bring the right team inand recruit them to solve a problembetter and fasterand seizemore opportunities. They're not affronted by differences,they're fascinated by them,and that is a huge shift in mindset, and once you feel it, you want it to happen a lot more. This world is calling out for us...
... When you connect with people around a shared interest and action, you're accustomed to serendipitous things happening into the future, and I think that's what we're looking at. We open ourselves up to those opportunities, and in this room are key players and technology, key players who are uniquely positioned to do this, to scale systems and projects together.
... Remember the three traits of opportunity-makers. Opportunity-makers keep honing their top strength and they become pattern seekers. They get involved in different worlds than their worlds so they're trusted and they can see those patterns,and they communicate to connectaround sweet spots of shared interest.
* Think Big, Build Bridges, Facilitate Visions, Remove Obstacles, Make Things Happen!C.
* Text is the best way to reach me when timely response is required.
-- Message/E-mail/LINE me if you need my mobile number, but let me know the reason. Thx!
* Spamming to the group is not welcome nor tolerated (especially spams for commercial purpose on an event wall by people who don't actually attend that event). Anyone violating this rule may be removed and/or banned from this and other EPI-Net groups with or without further warnings.
* This group is aiming at hi-tech startups, Internet/traditional business owners, professional practitioners & service providers, etc., rather than MLM recruiters. I respect people in MLM as in other business sectors, but such activities are not encouraged in our events or web sites, and please refrain from messaging other members for such 'opportunities'--this is just a wrong venue for that purpose.
* Mutual respect is valued and is a necessity to remain part of this group. We have 0-tolerance policy for harassment and inappropriate/hostile conducts. I cannot provide a comprehensive list or policy here at this moment, so I'd like to ask members and visitors to exercise their common sense, and in case there are issues you are not certain with, you are advised to message me and inquire about it. (An example for inappropriate/unwelcome behaviors: Previously a PUA/seduction coach pitched his service to this and quite a few other groups of mine--and you can guess that I would ask him to leave or get rid of people in that category in no time, right?)