Hometown: Toronto, Ontario
October 31, 2012
No answer yet
No answer yet
No answer yet
No introduction yet
* We are a TOP-5 meetup in Canada (across all cities and categories including social groups) & one of the best in the world!
Welcome to Toronto's Startup Community - TORONTO ENTREPRENEURS !
The Largest & Most Active Startup Community in Canada
** FREE Service ** Supporting Entrepreneurs & Startups in the Extended Greater Toronto Since 2010 **
We are entrepreneurs, professionals and investors with a variety of expertise and resources in the extended Greater Toronto Area (GTA). We organize free events for members with a passion for entrepreneurship, technologies, business, and social innovation. Among us are also business owners, developers, innovators, service providers, recruiters, marketers, researchers, networkers, and graduate students.
The dreamers and the entrepreneurs, not government, built this economy, and they can once again make it strong. ~ Mitt Romney
The Entrepreneurs, Professionals & Investors Network (EPI-Net) 30,000 members globally
Global Business & Social Network (3,000 members @ Toronto, 100,000 members globally)
TORONTO TECH: Wearable, 3D Printing, AI, Energy, IoT, Mobile & Robotics...
* For other EPI-Net groups as well as complete titles for the groups above, see the bottom section of this "About us" page.
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality. ~John Lennon
Affiliation: Dream Builders International Group (Dream BIG) *** Dare to Dream BIG ! ***
* Dream BIG is currently among the BIGGEST Communities in the WORLD (across all categories).
*** Build Up Your Social Capital for Success ***
Modern day startup do not necessarily need a lot of money. Rather, the key ingredients are the energy and talents of like-minded people as well as know-how and enabling resources. This group is for those of us dreamers with big ideas, who have actually been doing something to build up dreams, and ready for others (investors, mentors, or co-founders) to help make our dreams come true.
This group is about a combination of talented people, young or seasoned, with the ability to build the next big thing on the Internet or mobile world, and change the world for better. The group will have technical, marketing, and content contributors, focused on a few topics at a time, with specific goals in mind.
A cool group of talents with lots of ambitions
Who do we have amongst us?
* Please join and be affiliated with at least one of the above expertise and/or EPI-Net Circles. We will soon be having frequent meetings on specialized topics of the respective groups besides major networking events/seminars across all EPI-Net groups.
Together, We Can Achieve Something Great--Individually & Collectively
Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Univ. of California
International social entrepreneur
E-mail: chris.meetup at hotmail.com
Life: Healthy, Successful, Fulfilling & Enjoyable
Achievement: Change the World for the Better While Making a Fortune
Business entrepreneurs typically measure performance in profit and return, but social entrepreneurs also take into account a positive return to society.
Global collaborations for a better world:
Social entrepreneurship practiced in a world or international context is called international social entrepreneurship.
(Adapted from Wikipedia)
EPI-Net @ Toronto, Canada, North America: Toronto Entrepreneurs (8,000 members) *FLAGSHIP GROUP*
EPI-Net @ Ottawa, Canada
EPI-Net @ Silicon Valley, USA
EPI-Net @ New York
EPI-Net @ London, UK, Europe
EPI-Net @ Berlin, Germany
EPI-Net @ Paris, France
* more cities to come in USA & Europe
EPI-Net @ Hong Kong
EPI-Net @ Tokyo, Japan
EPI-Net @ Korea
EPI-Net @ India
EPI-Net @ Singapore*10,000 members in Asia*
EPI-Net @ Africa *where innovative entrepreneurs or their solutions are very much needed !*
Career, Business & Dream Builders (2,500+ members)
Toronto Business and Social Network (3,000 members)
DISCOVER TORONTO: The Adventures & Travel Meetup Group (3,000+ adventurers)
* Sometimes I feel that entrepreneurs and successful startup co-founders are like an architect that has a vision ahead of their time, assembles the right resources and people at a right timing, and take persistent actions or creative solutions to make things happen--building what's in our imaginations or wildest dreams that would not have existed otherwise in our age. C.
Sharing of a nice TED talk by Kare Anderson (filmed September 2014 at TED@IBM):
BE AN OPPORTUNITY MAKER
Unlike an increasing number of Americans who are working and living and playing with people who think exactly like them because we then become more rigid and extreme, opportunity-makers are actively seeking situations with people unlike them, and they're building relationships, and because they do that, they have trusted relationships where they can bring the right team in and recruit them to solve a problem better and faster and seize more opportunities. They're not affronted by differences, they're fascinated by them, and that is a huge shift in mindset, and once you feel it, you want it to happen a lot more. This world is calling out for us...
... When you connect with people around a shared interest and action, you're accustomed to serendipitous things happening into the future, and I think that's what we're looking at. We open ourselves up to those opportunities, and in this room are key players and technology, key players who are uniquely positioned to do this, to scale systems and projects together.
... Remember the three traits of opportunity-makers. Opportunity-makers keep honing their top strength and they become pattern seekers. They get involved in different worlds than their worlds so they're trusted and they can see those patterns, and they communicate to connect around sweet spots of shared interest.
* Think Big, Build Bridges, Facilitate Visions, Remove Obstacles, Make Things Happen! C.
Messaging (via Meetup)
E-mail & LINE: chris.meetup at hotmail.com
* Text is the best way to reach me when timely response is required.
-- Message/E-mail/LINE me if you need my mobile number, but let me know the reason. Thx!
* Spamming to the group is not welcome nor tolerated (especially spams for commercial purpose on an event wall by people who don't actually attend that event). Anyone violating this rule may be removed and/or banned from this and other EPI-Net groups with or without further warnings.
* This group is aiming at hi-tech startups, Internet/traditional business owners, professional practitioners & service providers, etc., rather than MLM recruiters. I respect people in MLM as in other business sectors, but such activities are not encouraged in our events or web sites, and please refrain from messaging other members for such 'opportunities'--this is just a wrong venue for that purpose.
* Mutual respect is valued and is a necessity to remain part of this group. We have 0-tolerance policy for harassment and inappropriate/hostile conducts. I cannot provide a comprehensive list or policy here at this moment, so I'd like to ask members and visitors to exercise their common sense, and in case there are issues you are not certain with, you are advised to message me and inquire about it. (An example for inappropriate/unwelcome behaviors: Previously a PUA/seduction coach pitched his service to this and quite a few other groups of mine--and you can guess that I would ask him to leave or get rid of people in that category in no time, right?)
2,103 Aspiring Founders
4,702 Torontonians & global friends