Jul 6, 2013 · 1:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Join Karen Stephenson, author of the field guide: "Fields of Nutrition" (http://www.ediblewildfood.com/) who will be sharing her wealth of knowledge of wild edible plants on an educational walk through East Don Parklands! Many of these "weeds" are actually very nutritious and medicinally useful as part of a daily diet or in a survival situation.
Cost: $10 upon arrival, with the option to purchase Karen’s book "Fields of Nutrition" for $5. This 63 page full colour guide gives you the basic info on 30 of the most common wild edible plants in Ontario. Kids under 18 free.
- Although this trail is mostly paved, we will be wandering off trail at times. Comfortable walking or hiking shoes or boots are recommended.
- Bring some water in a reusable bottle. You may also have the opportunity to use your water bottle at the end of the event to try some of Karen's homemade wild edible tea.
- You are welcome to bring a camera (no video cameras please) and something to take notes with
- Dogs on a leash are welcome
- Free parking
- Washroom facilities are on site, adjacent to the parking lot
- This is a highly interactive event so please bring questions. Due to the large numbers of questions (which are absolutely encouraged), this will likely not be a very long walk in terms of distance.
There will be a waiting list as I appreciate matters come up a couple days ahead of time and cancelling is required.
I hope to see you there!