April 20, 2013 · 1:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Spring has sprung and there is plenty of new growth out there to discover! Join Karen Stephenson, author of the field guide: "Fields of Nutrition" (http://www.ediblewildfood.com/) who will be sharing her wealth of knowledge of wild edible plants on an educational walk through The Rouge Valley! Many of these "weeds" are actually very nutritious and medicinally useful as part of a daily diet or in a survival situation.
Note: Karen has graciously opened up fifteen spots for this event for TSG members.
Cost: $15 upon arrival. Kids under 18 free.
- Comfortable walking or hiking shoes or boots are recommended.
- Bring some water in a reusable bottle or a mug if you wish to sample some of Karen's homemade wild edible tea.
- You are welcome to bring a camera (no video cameras please) and something to take notes with
- Dogs on a leash are welcome
- Free parking
- Washroom facilities are on site, adjacent to the parking lot
- This is a highly interactive event so please bring questions. Due to the large numbers of questions (which are absolutely encouraged), this will likely not be a very long walk in terms of distance.
There will be a waiting list as I appreciate matters come up a couple days ahead of time and cancelling is required.
I hope to see you there!