April 27, 2013 · 1:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Spring has sprung and there is plenty of new growth out there to discover! Join Karen Stephenson, author of the field guide: "Fields of Nutrition" (http://www.ediblewildfood.com/) who will be sharing her wealth of knowledge of wild edible plants on an educational walk along the Oak Ridges Trail around Bond Lake! Many of these "weeds" are actually very nutritious and medicinally useful as part of a daily diet or in a survival situation. Lug-a-mug and enjoy some herbal tea Karen will bring to enjoy on the walk!
Note: Karen has graciously opened up fifteen spots for this event for TSG members.
Cost: $10 upon arrival. Kids under 18 free.
- Comfortable walking or hiking shoes or boots are recommended.
- Bring some water in a reusable bottle and a mug if you wish to sample some of Karen's delicious and nutritious herbal teas!
- You are welcome to bring a camera (no video cameras please) and something to take notes with
- Dogs on a leash are welcome
- Free parking
- Washroom facilities are NOT available on site. The closest washroom facilities would be one of the fast food outlets in Oak Ridges which is only about 1km north of there
- This is a highly interactive event so please bring questions. Due to the large numbers of questions (which are absolutely encouraged), this will likely not be a very long walk in terms of distance.
There will be a waiting list as I appreciate matters come up a couple days ahead of time and cancelling is required.