September 14, 2013 · 1:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Join Karen Stephenson, author of the field guide: "Fields of Nutrition" (http://www.ediblewildfood.com/) who will be sharing her wealth of knowledge of wild edible plants on an educational walk through High Park! Come on out and spend the afternoon learning about wild edible plants. Find out how to identify plants, how to harvest them, how to use them in the kitchen, and how to store them. Many of these "weeds" are actually very nutritious and medicinally useful as part of a daily diet or in a survival situation.
Although it isn't quite autumn yet, many of the plants out there are making it look like autumn. On this walk we will collect some goldenrod so you can take it home and make a massage oil or an oil for dressing. Please bring a bag for collecting and be sure to have olive oil at home waiting for you!
Cost: This MeetUp will be somewhat different. Payment ($20) must be made in advance of the walk and there must be minimum 15 people. Kids under 18 Free.
In the event of cancellation due to there being less than 15 Karen will refund or credit you for another walk. Should you pay and not show you will be credited for another walk only.
Please email Karen for payment options...
info (at) ediblewildfood.com
- Comfortable walking or hiking shoes or boots are recommended.
- Rain or Shine we walk!
- Bring some water in a reusable bottle
- You are welcome to bring a camera (no video cameras please) and something to take notes with
- Dogs on a leash are welcome
- Free parking outside grenadier Restaurant
- Washroom facilities are available on site inside Grenadier Restaurant
- We will meet in front of Grenadier Restaurant. Here's a map for those who are unfamiliar with the area: http://grenadiercafe.com/pdf/map.pdf
There will be a waiting list as I appreciate matters come up a couple days ahead of time and cancelling is required.