May 10, 2014 · 10:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Join Karen Stephenson, author of the field guide: "Fields of Nutrition" (http://www.ediblewildfood.com/) who will be sharing her wealth of knowledge of wild edible plants on an educational walk through Rogers Reservoir! Come on out and learn what spring edibles there are to be foraged. Many of these "weeds" are actually very nutritious and medicinally useful as part of a daily diet or in a survival situation. This MeetUp will be a little different. We will learn about wild edibles as we forage. After our walk we'll make a salad to enjoy.
Cost: $20 per person
Bring a sandwich if you want to eat more than just salad for lunch.
Karen will bring 'wild' beverages to enjoy and a wild edible dessert.
Please bring your own chair!
We will meet in the parking lot by the walking bridge.
- Although this trail is mostly paved, we will be wandering off trail at times. Comfortable walking or hiking shoes or boots are recommended.
- Bring some water in a reusable bottle.
- You are welcome to bring a camera (no video cameras please) and something to take notes with
- Dogs on a leash are welcome
- Free parking
- Washroom facilities are NOT on site
- This is a highly interactive event so please bring questions. Due to the large numbers of questions (which are absolutely encouraged), this will likely not be a very long walk in terms of distance.
There will be a waiting list as I appreciate matters come up a couple days ahead of time and cancelling is required.