December 9, 2012
Just a few notes:
1. All games are played at Sir Winston Churchill Park. This is near the corner of St. Clair and Spadina. For those travelling on the TTC go to the St. Clair West Subway station (University line) exit out onto St. Clair south side and walk one block east (right) on St. Clair. You should be able to see the park on the south side of the street.
Check out www.yelp.ca/biz/sir-winston-churchill-park-toronto
2. Our season is an ongoing season, where we play throughout the winter months outside, as long as we have people that want to play. Dress warmly, perhaps layering is an idea.
3. We need a minimum of 6 players to play a game, great cardio. If we have more than 14 perhaps we'll have a couple of games going on. That being said please rsvp accordingly, if you say yes and change your mind, please change your rsvp to no. This helps others decide if it is worth coming out to play, some come from outside the city, others take and pay for ttc.
4. For any newbies - Awesome that you want to come out and learn - we are a fun group, a social group, and welcome you to join. Please check out the group page for an outline of the rules, no equipment needed, just yourself and plenty of water (although if you have cleats/boots, they will be a benefit - no steel studs please we value our toes).
5. All games are played at your own risk, although this is not a contact sport, injuries can happen. Please note that the organizer or co-organizer are not responsible or liable for any injuries that may occur.
6. In order to keep this meetup group going, there is a $75 charge for 6 mos for the organizer to organizer groups (something I didn't know when I took over the organizer role), currently there is no fee to play, however in March 2013 I would like to ask if each player that comes out to play pay $5 which will be the fee to play for the 6mos. If we have more than 15 players, then the price will go down. Fees will be due April 2013 and can be brought to the game. Otherwise, I suggest we continue to play but we move to Facebook and start a group there, where there are no organizer fees. All suggestions welcome. Basically I want to continue to have a fun group of people playing a great game but $ 75 for one person just seems to be a wee bit high.
Cheers, Dani :)