Toronto Writers Group Message Board › new organizer

new organizer

Vivien F.
user 5332386
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 1
Hi Writers:

I wanted to let you know that I've taken over the role of organizer of the Toronto Writers Meetup. Lorne has kindly offered to be my co-organizer.

I'm not planning to make any changes to the setup of our group. We'll continue to meet at the Rose and Crown every second Tuesday of the month to recruit new members. The other three Tuesdays of the month we'll gather at the community centre on Eglinton, just West of Yonge. We'll meet at the same time as before: 7:00pm - 9:00pm.

The only difference is that I will collect $l.00 per person at the Rose and Crown meetings to subsidize the cost of maintaining the meetup.

This is going to be my first time as leader of a meetup, so I'm always open to suggestions. You can reach me here or at my regular email, vfellegi@hotmail.ca.

For those who are considering joining, I'd like to extend a warm welcome. This group offers a very supportive environment in which to showcase your work. All forms of writing are encouraged - short stories, novels, poems, memoirs, or journalistic articles.

I look forward to meeting new members and I'm always happy to see the "oldtimers."

Vivien

Doronne
user 46742642
Toronto, ON
Post #: 6
are the monthly meet ups still active?