My goal is to do a century ride (metric) each month this summer and one proper century - looks like we'll do the proper century first...
This will be a long ride from Niagara Falls to Toronto. The forecast looks good - low 20s and rain, no thunderstorms.
We'll meet at Union Station at 8:30AM and take the 9:00AM GO train to the Falls arriving around 11:00AM. I recommend getting your ticket in advance. Last year on the Halton ride I bought a $20 Presto card and did not have to pay for the card.
We'll be rolling by 11:30 and the goal is to keep the pace as close to 20km/h as possible. We will probably split into a Peloton and Autobus as we have some strong riders. (The High Park crew will be fast I am sure...) Michael is going to pace (the rest of) us around 20 km/h (ta mate!). Good thing it's flat...
- Plan to bring lots of water (stops may be few after we leave the Niagara region and until we get back to the GTA).
- Bring patch kit and spare tire/tube (I'd bring 2 spare tubes) and inflator. We will all probably have some type of breakdown over 100 miles.
- Lights are recommended as it will be dark when we get back.
- Oh yeah - make sure your ride is in good nick and tune it yourself or get it done professionally.
We plan to make a pit stop in Hamilton and will probably hit every service centre and variety store along the way for hydration and fuel.
The weather is cooperating. There's a chance of t-storms only in Niagara on the Lake. High temp is around 25. Skies expected to be partly cloudy with chance of rain only the remainder of the ride.
NB - 9AM is when the train leaves and it's a long weekend!
- Best to get there earlier so we can secure spots for our rides in the bike car - a few of us think that the train could fill up fast.
- Try to get your ticket in advance to avoid lineups at Union Station
- Meetup is down for maintenance starting 06h00 tomorrow so try and get all comms on the board wrapped up by midnight tonight