Wondering what those PwC Epic Tour Halton signs that have been cropping up seemingly everywhere are all about?
Well it's a fully supported, police controlled ride through Halton region. There are 140km, 80km, 50km and 10km route lengths to match all skill levels. There are rest stops and all the niceties you'd expect from an organized road ride.
While it is similar to many charity rides, this ride does not have a fundraising requirement. If your friends are suffering from fundraising fatigue from you hitting them up for each charity ride you want to participate in then this format should be a short reprieve for both you and them. The registration fee covers all of the expenses, and there's still a part that goes to some worthwhile local causes.
Speaking of the fee, we have secured a whopping 30% discount on the registration fee exclusively for Toronto Bike Meetup members!
In addition, even though the deadline for receiving a free jersey for the general public is July 15, members who sign up using our promo code up 'til midnight on July 18 will get a free jersey!
The ride happens on September 8, 2013. Read more about the event on the epictour.ca website.
In point form again here are the key highlights:
- 140K – 80K – 50K and 10K routes through the Halton Region over and around the Niagara escarpment
- PwC Epic Tour Halton is not a race – having a great time is more important than logging one. Cyclist of all skill levels are welcome!
- Police and volunteer controlled route with rest stops every +- 25Km, ride marshals on bike, mobile mechanical and medical and Sag wagons.
- Finish Line festival in Kelso Quarry park with live music, expo an activities such as Yoga on the beach, paddle boarding, kayaking etc.
- 30% discount for Toronto Bike Meetup members – Code: MEETUP2013
- Includes a Free Jersey for all members who sign up for the 140K or 80K before Thursday July 18th, 11:59 pm
To Register go to http://epictour.ca/registration/ pick your desired route, and then on the following page enter the promo code: MEETUP2013
You can check out the pricing here: http://epictour.ca/pricing/