Hope you can join us! Maegan, Andrea and I have planned an Ice Cream Sandwich ride as a last hurrah of summer before fall officially starts (the next day!).
Date: Saturday, September 21, 2013
Time: 1:30 pm
Start: The Depanneur, 1033 College St
End: Moo Milk Bar, 1918 Queen St E
The cookies at The Depanneur are made by Cookie Martinez who bakes out of The Depanneur’s co-op kitchen. Moo Milk Bar‘s ice cream sandwiches are made to order, so you’ll be able to pick and choose your cookie and ice cream flavour.
This ride is open to everybody. Here is some more information:
• We ride at an average speed of 15-18kms/hour (don’t worry this is quite slow!)
• We welcome newbie riders! If you want to ride in the city but are nervous, ride with us! Strength in numbers! You’ll be surrounded by veteran riders who can show you how to navigate through tricky traffic situations.
• Please check out my ride recommendations prior to the ride: http://www.cupcakeride.com/blog/2012/04/cupcake-ride-ride-rules/
Our Planned Route:
- Start at The Deppaneur, ride East on College to Shaw
- South on Shaw to Dundas
- Through Trinity Bellwoods Park
- South on Strachan to Lakeshore
- Lakeshore Trail to Queens Quay
- Follow bike Detour along Queens Quay/Lakeshore to York
- Walk Bike from York to Bay
- Take new bike lanes along Queens Quay to Parliament/Lakeshore
- Ride to north side of Lakeshore Blvd and pick up Lower Don Trail
- Follow Lower Don Trail detours until it meets up to Martin Goodman Trail
- Take Martin Goodman Trail to Northern Dancer Blvd
- Turn left, and then Right onto Boardwalk Dr
- Turn Right on Queen and ride two blocks east to Moo Milk Bar
It would be great if you could RSVP either here on the Meetup group or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/573196626072594). We would really like to let both The Depanneur and Moo Milk Bar know of our numbers a few days in advance of our ride.
The Ice Cream Sandwich Ride is organized on a volunteer basis and it is not a professional organization. As such, each of us is responsible for our own safety and well-being during an organized event. The organizers are not in any way responsible for any participant on the trip. However, as a group of friends, we make an effort to look out for one another to the best of our ability.