You are welcomed to race the sun with me. A few important facts:
- Please note the new 6:45PM departure time.
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to bring lights for this event.
- We sometimes regroup after for drinks so plan for attending if you want to socialize.
This ride is for any rider that can ride the distance (see hereunder) and can sustain the speed (see hereunder). This is intended to be a fun ride but with a goal to keep a good pace in order to improve our cardio.
- Starting: NE corner of Parliement Street and Distillery Lane (the SW corner of the Distillery complex)
- Mid-point: Around Edwards Garden or Sunnybrook Hospital
- Ending: (starting location)
2. Route conditions:
- Path type: Paved/ Dedicated
- Mostly flat, a few medium hills, a few but short sand and gravel spots (when we go to Edwards Garden)
- Distance (total): Approximately 30 KM
3. Ride requirements:
- Average speed: We will target 20-30 KM per hour (we often do interval training)
- Break(s): We will take a 10 min break once we reach the mid-point location before riding back
- Bike type: Any, but a hybrid or road bike is better suited for the target speed.
4. Additional notes:
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to bring lights for this ride;
- This ride is weather permitting;
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and bring water (important to hydrate) and if needed snacks;
- Please be on time and respect your RSVP; We intend to leave on time;
- No guest allowed; Your friend needs to sign up for the Meetup to participate;
- By taking part in this event you attest: a) you are in good health, b) you participate at your own risks, and c) you release the organizer(s) from any responsibility;