You are welcomed to race the sun with me. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to bring lights for this event as the sun may not be down for part of our ride back.
This ride is for any rider that can ride the distance (see hereunder) and can sustain the speed (see hereunder). This is intended to be a fun ride but with a goal to keep a good pace in order to improve our cardio.
- Starting: NE corner of Parliement Street and Distillery Lane (the SW corner of the Distillery complex)
- Mid-point: Edwards Garden
- Ending: (starting location)
2. Route conditions:
- Path type: Paved/ Dedicated
- Mostly flat, a few medium hills, a few but short sand and gravel spots
- Distance (total): Approximately 30 KM
3. Ride requirements:
- Average speed: We will target 20-30 KM per hour (we often do interval training)
- Break(s): We will take a 10 min break once we reach the mid-point location before riding back
- Bike type: Any, but a hybrid or road bike is better suited for the target speed.
4. Additional notes:
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to bring lights for this ride;
- This ride is weather permitting;
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and bring water (important to hydrate) and if needed snacks;
- Please be on time and respect your RSVP; We intend to leave on time;
- No guest allowed; Your friend needs to sign up for the Meetup to participate;
- I hope to schedule this event weekly;
- By taking part in this event you attest: a) you are in good health, b) you participate at your own risks, and c) you release the organizer(s) from any responsibility;