Toronto Bike Meetup Message Board › Toronto Bike Meetup jerseys?

Toronto Bike Meetup jerseys?

Mike
user 7665703
Toronto, ON
Post #: 3
Last night during a ride, we were joking around about getting some custom Toronto Bike Meetup jerseys made. Well, I think it's a cool idea. Any interest in getting some designed and made? Sugoi, Louis Garneau, and other manufacturers offer programs for custom made jerseys. Usually a minimum order of around 20-25 jerseys is required, but I don't think that would be a problem with such a large group. We would just need the interest/commitment and probably a deposit from members. Let's discuss it here.

UPDATE (4/29/2014):
Glad to say this has moved on to the order phase. Thanks to everybody who chipped in their thoughts and comments during the design phase. To order, just click below and follow the instructions:

ORDER YOUR TORONTO BIKE MEETUP JERSEY
A former member
Post #: 2
approximately how much would they be?
Mike
user 7665703
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4
From doing a bit of research, at the minimum ordering level, a single custom jersey can cost about $70-100 (basically cost is on par with what you can find in a store). Price will vary depending on style, material and level of custom graphics, etc.
A.J. P.
Computer-Geek
North York, ON
Post #: 3
I am interested.
If needed, I can recommend an excellent screen printer and one or more graphic designers; although I would expect there would be at least one member who is a graphic designer?
Mike
user 7665703
Toronto, ON
Post #: 5
Great, I'm sure there are some graphic designers here who would like to take a stab at some designs. So I'm putting an open call out there to those that would like to do so. Just post up a link or picture here of your design.
David B.
DavidBergeron
Toronto, ON
I'm in as long as they look cool and not to expensive. I remember Andy talking about jerseys one time so I think he's interested.
Andy Z.
user 8723216
Toronto, ON
Post #: 8
I'm definitely interested and thank you Mike for doing some research. If the cost is around $65 with a minimum order of 10 jerseys then I think we can make this happen. I can probably contribute to brainstorming and some concepts for the design, but I wouldn't want to tackle doing the actual artwork just because I know there are people who have this thing called talent (which I lack in graphic design). It would be overly awesome to start off next season clad in our very own Toronto Bike Meetup jerseys. Bib shorts would be awesome, too, but I'm not sure if we'd have sufficient demand. Let's chat about this some more and then I'll plan on making a pseudo-meetup with a $65 cost. Once we reach the 10-order mark we can put a cut-off date and order the jerseys!
Mike
user 7665703
Toronto, ON
Post #: 7
Thanks for chiming in Andy. Yeah, $65 for a custom designed jersey is actually a great price compared to some of the shops I've done research on. Another good thing is that this shop is Canadian and they do free shipping if we order a certain amount. The shop can do riding shorts as well, but like you said, not sure how much demand there will be for that.

If anybody is interested in designing a jersey, download this template and work with it in Adobe Illustrator. Post a picture or a link to your design in this message thread. At some point, we can have a vote or decide which design is most suitable to represent our group for next season! smile
A.J. P.
Computer-Geek
North York, ON
Post #: 5
Hopefully one or more talented artists from our group takes up the challenge to design a shirt. If not, maybe we can approach a graphic arts/design school and one (or more) of the students may be willing to design a shirt for free or low cost? Thoughts?
Hyedie H.
user 9546967
Toronto, ON
Oh my goodness. I didn't even realize that there was a discussion board for our meetup group! Thanks for letting me know Mike!

I'm totally happy to offer up my skills to create a custom Toronto Bike Meetup jersey for us.

Andy and I were chatting about this on our ride last night. We were thinking it would be cool to incorporate the blue bike route sign that we use for this group's logo. What do you guys think?