Toronto Bike Meetup Message Board › Finals notes for Niagara Ride
Hi all. Some final points for our ride tomorrow...
1) As always, if your plans change please change your RSVP ASAP, so someone else gets a chance to go.
2) The weather has been changing back and forth, but Environment Canada is currently not predicting any rain. You should probably bring a rain jacket with you just in case, I make no guarantees they are 100% correct.
3) Try to be at Union Station by 8:30 AM to give you plenty of time to get your ticket and get ready to board the train (leaves at 9 AM). If you are running late DO NOT try to track us down or find us, just get a space on the train as QUICKLY as you can. You'll have plenty of time to find us on the train during the trip to St. Catharine's (you can walk between cars freely).
The GO train will stop at Exhibition, Port Credit, Oakville, Burlington, St. Catharines, and Niagara Falls ONLY. You can purchase a round-trip ticket at Union and save $1. The entire round trip costs about $40.
4) We're going to spend a lot of time out in the country. There really are not any places you can simply drop out of the ride, so please make sure you feel you are up for it. The ride will be pretty flat, with a few hills up the canal (at the locks) and again past Niagara Falls up to the train station. The average pace will be in the 20km/hr range, this won't be a road bike racing ride.
5) Please bring your own lunch, we're not going to be stopping at a place to buy some (not really available along the route). There will be a few bathroom breaks, but they are again far between so please don't simply expect to have one available at any time.
6) We'll be having dinner at the Taps Brewing Company, 4680 Queen Street, in Niagara Falls, about 2 minutes ride away from the Niagara Falls train station. The train back will leave at 7:20 pm.
7) Bring PLENTY of water, it might be sticky.
As always, my cell is 416-824-7019. See you tomorrow!