Toronto Bike Meetup Message Board › About this Sunday's ride

About this Sunday's ride

Denise I
user 13227723
Toronto, ON
Thanks for deciding to join us on Hydro Fields & Bungalows 2.0.  Attendees of the first version of this ride seemed very satisfied with their experience.  Hence, I thought that I should give fair warning as Version 2.0 is a little more laissez-faire.

• There will be no sweep, but there are optional exits where we will stop for about 5 minutes to allow people to bid adieu or catch up. To the riders who fall far behind the main peloton, let me reassure you that Scarborough is friendly and TTC buses usually have a bike rack out front.
  • I have a speedometer on my bike, so I am aiming to maintain a speed of roughly 22 km/hr. If riders choose to test their legs by speeding ahead, I will not chase after them. They will have to rely on the kindness of strangers should they lose their way.
  • I don't think I'll have a chance to do a dry run of the route before Sunday. Granted, I have done this route about three times now, but not since June.  Please bear with me if a construction site should pop up.  We will eventually make it to ice cream.

I hope you enjoy the route (http://goo.gl/maps/37...­[/url]). Please note that only heavy rain, snow, or lightning will postpone this ride.