add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Toronto Bike Meetup Message Board › How to lock your bike safely w/video

How to lock your bike safely w/video

A former member
Post #: 5
I found this cool blog where the author talks about biking in the city. I was actually looking for a proper lock for my bike and was looking through the product listing of local shops and found one lock for $200 and pretty much said to myself, You gotta be kidding me, soon enough the lock will be more expensive than my bike.

Anyways this video was posted on the blog which explains the proper way to lock your bike, Enjoy.

Lock your bike
Andy Z.
user 8723216
Toronto, ON
Post #: 2
Hey Tom,

thanks for the link. I found it useful, too. I currently don't have a lock but more and more I feel the need for one as I cycle around downtown more. I still don't understand why locks have to be so expensive, it seems totally disproportionate with what you're actually getting for that price.

- Andy
user 9091875
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
Hey Andy (and Tom), if you're looking for bike locks (and other cycling accessories) at reasonable prices, I can highly recommend Mountain Equipment Co-op. At MEC, their gear seems to be at times 50% less than other places. A decent u-lock is only $24.50, add a cable lock for only $14.50 and you're ready to go. There are user reviews as well which can be helpful when making a decision. Great for lights, bells, helmets, tires, tubes, pumps, etc too.