UPDATE - There is no parking at the SAS building. It is reachable by taking the Eastbound King Streetcar from Yonge/King subway station and getting off at Ontario Street. Note that while we are here hosted by Scalar on the 4th, this is actually SAS and it is the 5th floor.
A breakdown of the authorization and authentication tactics used with Hadoop. This is a big topic but I think it is important to cover the lay of the land with so much happening in this space. It may not be as exciting as a in-memory iterative SGD or Deep Learning, but it is a practical consideration when implementing Hadoop.
This presentation will involve:
1. Authentication & Authorization
2. Strong Authentication: To Kerborize or Not to Kerborize...
3. Authorization services in HDFS, YARN, HBase, and Hive
4. Security in Architecture: Network, Cluster, Edges & Gateways
5. Frequently used 3rd party tools and projects
6. Future of Hadoop Security, Emerging projects/products, and opportunities for contribution
6. Practical Q&A *Disclaimer - We will do our best to be vendor neutral and describe the approaches each company takes. However, we will focus on the most commonly implemented security approaches.