Toronto Hadoop User Group (THUG) Message Board › Sept 17 2013 - THUG - HBase: A Technical Introduction - Follow Up

Sept 17 2013 - THUG - HBase: A Technical Introduction - Follow Up

Adam M.
Adam_Muise
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Good to see everyone....
There were a lot of people there. I think we are going to find a way to introduce some filtering questions to help people understand the prerequisites. This will help you know if the session is right for you. Also, we are going to start to do smaller meetings on targeted technologies, use cases, or specific technical challenges. I will filter with questions there because 70+ can't accomplish much but listen to the speaker.
That being said, I am still going to do the presentation sessions so don't worry. Actually, I might have to step them up this year to cover the Hadoop 2.0 improvements.

Next on the list:
- Writing YARN applications in Hadoop 2.0 (Java developers only please)
- Data Management Huddle (Experienced Data Architects only please)
- Possible vendor specific presentations with the latest tech from Hadoop World in November

The slides from last night:
http://www.slideshare...­

And some slides on HBase Schema design that I really like:
http://www.slideshare...­

Thanks for the patience last night. I'm still trying to find ways to shorten some of this material. By my estimate we covered 4 hours of material in 2.5hours. I'll try to cut it back next time and filter the crowd.

Cheers,
Adam Muise
adam.muise@gmail.com
amuise@hortonworks.com