If not already stated in your introduction - please state why you are interested in philosophy and/or philosophical discussions (required to join). Also, feel free to suggest any future topics (options)
i have always had an interest in philosophy; i even majored in it.
Our members take turns being discussion facilitators (one facilitator at each table of 6 people). Please confirm with a "yes" that you are willing to help out on occasion (notes are provided).
Please confirm (with a 'yes') that your profile picture clearly shows your face. Wear sunglasses if you're concerned with big brother tracking you, but we've experienced too many problems with people who don't show their face in their profiles.
This group is for people who value and enjoy deeper discussions with amazing people and who are also willing to rise to the occasion by joining us to help make these discussion opportunities an ongoing reality.
The events held in this group are all about having fun nights of great people and 'deeper' discussions over dinner in a charming restaurant. This Meetup group was created by Glen Brauer as part of a non-profit global initiative using practical philosophy to bring together strangers to build community. This Meetup group is now part of a network of over 15,000 members located in cities around the world.
- open-minded individuals who are as intelligent as they are friendly
- 1 thought-provoking topic provided in advance so you have time to ponder it
- Food for Thought page provided in advance of event
- events are held in a charming restaurant
- restaurant is close to public transportation
- 6 people at each table (so everyone has a chance to speak)
- 1 discussion facilitator at each table (members take turns being facilitators)
- thought-provoking questions (discussion notes) are provided to our facilitators in order to stimulate the discussions.
The feedback from these events held around the world has been very positive. (Click here to view feedback). There are no membership fees but a small fee is required when signing up for events which goes towards Meetup costs, the time required to research and produce the discussions notes, booking restaurant reservations, scheduling the events, and coordinating the facilitators.
If this sounds interesting to you then click "Join Us" on the top-right of this screen then RSVP to events when they are posted. Members receive email notifications when new events are scheduled.
The Philosophy Dinners Facebook Group
The purpose of the Philosophy Dinners Facebook group is to cultivate the global citizen mindset; by enriching our perspectives through the sharing of insights before and after the events take place in our individual cities.