I was in a cab on Wednesday night passing through Cabbagetown when I noticed a restaurant with lovely Japanese lanterns in the window all lit up. Then I saw the sign - Zakkushi Charcoal Grill Diner. Sounds intriguing, doesn't it?
This is Japanese pub food at it's finest. They specialize in bite-sized veggies and meats skewered and cooked over an open grill.
Here's a sampling of some of their tantalizing offerings:
* Chicken thigh with spicy cod roe mayo
* Crunchy and juicy pork with onion sauce
* Garlic stubs wrapped with pork
* Waygu beef with Oropon sauce
* Deep-fried chicken knee cartilage
There are also creative salads, sushi, and more.
Check out the menu here...and it has tons pictures to fulfill your yakitori-filled fantasies!