This is a FREE event hosted by a MPP Candidate (Member of Provincial Parliament), with refreshment provided. The Leader of the PC Party in Ontario will be attending.
This is not a political group*, but I know that there are NOT many chances like this so I am sharing it with my members here. (Usually it takes an expensive ticket ($60-200 CDN) for a fund-raising event/gala/breakfast to get to meet some of these people...)
It's a socializing and informal networking event where you can move around freely. You do not need to have any political or religious background to join, nor have any donation or commitment to volunteer. Come check it out and expand your horizon.
I will be at the venue to gather attending members together and introduce you to each other. So I believe it wouldn't be a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon to greet some political figures and meet and chat with other members from professional meetup groups.
(No long speech or serious & boring stuffs. Just a couple of short welcoming remarks. Don't worry^^ )
• Mix & mingle with the Leader of the PC Party in Ontario, the MPP candidate for the Scarborough riding, as well as her campaign team, board members of the riding, and possibly some other political figures and candidates. FYI, the candidate was a former Associate Dean of University of Toronto, Scarborough.
• A chance to have a glance at the political campaign in Canada, plus an opportunity to participate in it or contribute something to the society. (Not mandatory)
• Network with knowledgeable/resourceful people and get connected to influential political figures and policy makers directly or indirectly.
• Care about social issues, get updated, and contribute to the policy making.
• Meet and chat with other professionals and entrepreneurs from the EPI-Net meetup groups.
No commitment necessary. Contact me at chris.meetup at hotmail.com if interested or if you have questions.
If you are not available to participate in this event or help out with her campaign in person, you will still be appreciated if you can share this info with your friends or family members.
* This meetup group is not a political group, but we do participate in various community activities and thrive to make positive impacts to the society. The reason for me to hold this meetup is to help a quality candidate and friend, rather than having strong inclination or bias toward political or interest groups. I helped with her campaign before. (This event will only generate one email to the group list, so hopefully it won't bother members who are not interested too much.)
* If you are from a different political party and would like to do promotion, I may be able to help you as well. Email me at chris.meetup at hotmail.com if so or if you have concerns.