Why do so many people love Tuscany? Well, what's there not to love about it?
Tuscany is the birthplace of some of the world's foremost poets, including Dante Alighieri and Francesco Petrarca, and artists of the calibre of Michelangelo and Donatello. Tuscan scientists such as Leonardo Da Vinci and Galileo Galilei have shaped the way we live and see the universe.
Others love Tuscany for its enviably balanced climate and abundant countryside, not to mention the incredible wine and food traditions that the people of this sun-kissed region of Italy have perfected over the centuries!
And who could forget the remarkable contribution that Tuscany has made to the worlds of music and film around the globe, with world-renown composers such as Giacomo Puccini, performers like Andrea Bocelli, and award-winning film directors, including Franco Zeffirelli and Roberto Benigni?
Whatever your reason to visit Tuscany, this tour gives you a unique opportunity to visit the landmarks of major cities such as Florence, Pisa and Siena, as well as smaller, yet lovely towns, such as the UNESCO World Heritage city of San Gimignano, and the picturesque seaside town of Talamone.
LAST, but not least, we will spend an entire day touring the spectacular landmarks of Rome, the Eternal City, accompanied by an English-speaking Guide (as well as your Host, Walter).
Escape to Tuscany is hosted by Walter De Marco (the guy in the photo above). I'm an Italian-Canadian teacher, freelance journalist, outdoor enthusiast and Meetup organizer. I'm also an amateur videographer and co-founder of Legaitaliana / ITALIAN CONNECTION (learn more at Legaitaliana.org ).
TOUR AT A GLANCE
Escape to Tuscany (August 2013)
Duration: 8 Days / 7 Nights
Group size: Min. 10 / Max 20*
Start day and place: August 10, 2013, Rome, ITALY
End day and place: August 17, 2013, Rome, ITALY
Places visited: Rome, Florence, Pisa, Siena, San Gimignano, Lucca, Talamone, and more!
Trip Price: EUR 2190** +5% Transaction Fee per person based on double occupancy (does NOT incude air fare). OR EUR 1940 + Transaction Fee if we reach a group of 15 or more passengers (SAVE EUR 250!).
Click on the Currency Converter HERE to see the price in CDN dollars.
- Accommodation for 7 nights (hotel in Rome for 3 nights, and country residence (agriturismo) near Florence for 4 nights);
- daily breakfast, four dinners, one lunch and one cooking demonstration;
- transportation between hotel or country residence and all the places we will visit;
- visits to Florence, Rome, Siena, San Gimignano (including a winery) and Lucca with English-speaking guides.
Registration deadline: April 5, 2013
DETAILED PROGRAM– CLICK HERE
HOW TO PAY
If you use PayPal, send the payment via PayPal to Walter De Marco at thats.walter(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
OR contact the organizer via Meetup to discuss a different payment method. CLICK HERE to send an Email to Walter De Marco
You will get a refund for your payment, except the 5% Transaction Fee:
- If we cannot confirm the tour, due to insufficient travellers registered;
- if you cannot attend and you cancel, your cancellation does not result in the cancellation of the tour or a price increase for the entire group, and another person signs up and pays for the tour;
- if the tour is cancelled by the Organizers;
- if the tour is rescheduled by the Organizer, and you cannot attend when it is rescheduled.
DETAILED PROGRAM – CLICK HERE
*This group will be confirmed only if we have at least 10 passengers registered;
**Price based on a group of 10-14 passengers. If we reach 15 people by January 10, everyone who has paid in full gets a refund of EUR 250
AGE REQUIREMENT You must be 21 years of age or older to register for this tour.
Walter De Marco – CLICK HERE to email me
PHOTO: Walter in Italy, August 2010