*** Enjoy Life in One of the World's Most Diverse, Cultural & Quality Cities ! ***
GLOBAL FRIENDS -- There are no strangers here, just FRIENDS YOU HAVEN'T MET !
* A community is great because of its members, and we need you to make it great!
If you enjoy friendship, activities, music, arts,
networking, socializing, parties,
learning, sharing, inspiration, personal/professional development,
travel, culture, language, and/or some fun,
and you like them for free,
this is the group for you!!
Let's explore together & see what the city's got to offer!
We live in an ever-shrinking world, where the technologies and transportation systems make it easier than ever to connect people from every corner of the world. We also have the fortune to live in a quality and vibrant city that is home to people of diverse backgrounds and life experience. The Toronto Friends Network gives you an opportunity to experience some of the many international cultures that Toronto hosts, to share your knowledge of cultural heritage, interests/hobbies or professional expertise with other members of the group, and make new friends while doing so.
A mission for this group is to provide good company as well as a positive and safe environment for members to experience things that, for whatever reasons, you longed for but weren't able to do before. You'll also get to know things that you can do and enjoy in Toronto through the meetups proposed by your peers. It is also a hope of our group to promote cross-cultural dialogues, sharing, understanding, and peer supports through a variety of local activities and events, as well as international trips.
But we (organizers) are few and you are many, and this means that to work toward these goals we need the proactive participation and supports from at least some members of the community. This group is unique because of our members, and we look forward to meeting you and facilitate the meetup ideas you propose.
* We are a hundred thousand (100,000) global citizens that meet locally & connect globally.
THE GLOBAL FRIENDSHIP NETWORK
A network where you get to meet new friends in every major city worldwide, a place people share their precious experience, perspectives, and cultures from every corner of the world!
If you happen to be traveling to the following cities or even thinking of the possibilities of staying somewhere overseas for a while (long or short), welcome to join the respective groups and connect to members there. We'll be happy to facilitate a welcoming/social meetup for you while you arrive (FREE of charge:), or contact our connections there for you in case you need assistance.
Our membership will ALWAYS be FREE for all groups in the network, as well as events and service from organizers.
* We are NOT associated/affiliated with any travel agencies, immigration companies, or other for-profit organizations etc. Just a service with good intentions & best efforts:)
* More cities coming--Montreal, Vancouver, Rome, Berlin, Dubai, Thailand...
THE TORONTO FRIENDS NETWORK
This is a forum in Toronto where people get to discover the city together in a fun and safe environment. People who are familiar with the city are of course welcome to join us and even provide meeting ideas. Newcomers to Toronto (from overseas) are also more than welcome to join us and explore Toronto and Canada together!
*** Enjoy Life, Dream BIG & Live with Passion ! ***
We aim at building a safe and friendly community with people currently residing in Toronto or visiting from overseas. You don't need to have experience overseas or be able to speak English to join this group. Every friendly person is welcome in this group! (Including people local in Toronto or (originally) from other parts of the world.)
The following are some recommended meetups grouped by common interests (in no particular orders):
DISCOVER TORONTO: The Adventures & Travel Meetup Group (3,000+ adventurers)
* A community that cares about the health & happiness of people around us--FREE service since 2002 :)
* FREE service to Toronto's international communities since 2007.
* If you happen to be traveling to Toronto, you are welcome to join our groups and events as well:) If you are currently overseas but have a plan to visit or stay in Toronto in the near future, still welcome join this main group and contact the organizers when you need assistance!
* Where Entrepreneurs, Dreamers & Investors Meet Up
This is an effort to establish a global network of communities, currently being fast deployed in major cities worldwide, including but not limited to, Paris, London, Rome, Berlin, New York, San Francisco (Silicon Valley), LA, Chicago, Washington DC, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Thailand... And much more!
Our mandate is to build a global platform that belongs to all members in it. Participants get to mix and mingle in a safe and friendly environment, have fun and adventures together, or establish long-lasting friendship among local/global members.
We will facilitate members to participate in various activities, festivals, and social mixers for free, plus opportunities for the adventurous to explore hidden gems in the city together--enjoying a rich and happy lifestyle to the fullest! Newcomers and international visitors will benefit from the hospitality of local residents, and get to blend in a new environment smoothly with flying colors...
We believe that this service can be offered for FREE, and we need your participation and encouragement to make it happen!
• We have reached our first milestone of 100,000 members in 20 cities within a couple years, becoming one of the largest global communities in the world, ever!
• NEXT MILESTONE: 100 cities, 1 million friends -- Establish a global network of friendship, Spread happiness & joy to every corner of the world, Promote harmony & peer assistance in communities locally and Magnify synergy of societies globally.
If you are fond of our vision, do not hesitate to join us and check it out! Invite your family and friends who may be interested or benefit from this platform. When you see fit, share our events on your personal social media or extend our invitation to communities you are affiliated with.
We appreciate your supports, volunteering, and valuable inputs, while nothing is mandatory except for mutual respects to all members in the community:)
VIDEO: Venice, ITALY: July 2013