CARPOOLING: 7:30 is the Carpool time, NOT the Trailhead time!!
For those interested in carpooling from Denver meet at the Wooly Mammoth Park-n-Ride (Section BB, across from Conoco) in Morrison at 7:30 and leaving no later than 7:40. We will meet at trailhead by 9:00 and start hiking by 9:15.
Please indicate if your meeting at carpool location, or trail head.
From Denver take I-70 west to exit 216 (which is the last exit before Eisenhower tunnel), hwy 6. Continue on Hwy 6 up Loveland Pass for 4.4 miles to the top of Loveland Pass. Park in the lot on the left and take the trail to the east . There is no bathroom on top of the pass. The closest bathroom is in Silver Plume several miles to the east.
Lenawee Mt.: 13,204
1) PLEASE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO OUR GENERAL RULES, PHILOSIPHY AND LIABILITY WAIVER ON THE MAIN PAGE
2) Bring extra water, as high elevations dehydrate the body at a faster rate.
3) Arrive early to secure parking, avoid crowds and afternoon thunderstorms. Be mindful of changing weather patterns and leave the summit well before storms develop. Expect cooler temperatures, strong sun and wind in the open tundra. Carry versatile layers with sun, wind and rain protection.
4) Hiking poles are highly recommended to assist with steep grades and uneven terrain.
5) Please remember that mountain hiking, especially high altitude hiking is going to mean that we will end up spreading out according to our pace and fitness levels. If you do split off ahead from the group, please wait at the summit for most of the members to arrive.
6) IF you run a carpool, or participate in a carpool, please coordinate with each other as to your individual pace! Don't loose your carpool.
7). Bring a change of shoes for the restaurant. I suggest some sort of flip-flops. Your feet will thank you!
8) Have fun!!