Carpool at Boulder Justice Center at 7:30am and leave at 7:40am.
Address: 1777 6th St, Boulder, CO 80302
My cell number if you need to get in touch with me -[masked]
I have a pass and can get an entire car in for free. Hopefully we will have a couple other members with passes. If not, the fee is $20 for a car or $40 for a year.
To Get to Longs Peak: Continue on Highway 36 north to Ute Highway, which is CO-66. Left on Ute into the town on Lyons. Don't speed. Left at the intersection onto Highway 7. Take 7 about 10 miles and then a left on Longs Peak road. Longs Peak road for about .5 miles and then slight onto Mills Moraine Drive for .4 miles and then you will be in the lot!
- Starting elevation: 9405'
- Ending Elevation: 11,803'
- Elevation Change: 2,456'net elevation gain
- Difficulty: Moderately Strenous
- Total hiking time: Approximately 4-5 hours
- Round Trip Length: 8.4 miles
- Chasm Lake is located 4.2 miles from the Longs Peak Trailhead in Rocky Mountain National Park.
It fills a deep cirque carved from the base of Mt Meeker (13,911'), Longs Peak (14,259') and Mount Lady Washington (13,281'). Longs Peak's iconic 'Diamond' rises 2,456' above this placid alpine lake. Visitors will enjoy miles of open tundra and sensational views on the hike to Chasm Lake.
THE APRES HIKE:
- TBD(suggestions are always appreciated)
NOTES (PLEASE READ!!):
1) PLEASE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO OUR GENERAL RULES, PHILOSIPHY AND LIABILITY WAIVER ON THE MAIN PAGE
2) Bring extra water, as high elevations dehydrate the body at a faster rate.
3) Hiking poles would be helpful for some of the steep grades and uneven terrain.
4) Please remember that mountain hiking might mean that we end up spreading out according to our pace and fitness levels. If you do split off ahead from the group, please wait at the summit for most of the members to arrive. If you can not complete the hike and need to turn back, please inform your organizer that you are leaving.