8:21 AM - Carpool on the West side of the Whole Foods lot off I-36, the Superior exit. Address is: 303 Marshall Road, Superior, CO. Leaving lot at 8:30am.
Eldorado is a state park and there is a fee to get in. I can get 3 more people in on my car (sorry no dogs in my car). If we have other drivers with passes, we can try to load into their cars as well. In any case, if you plan on carpooling, please bring a few bucks to chip in for the $8 fee I believe.
If not carpooling from Whole Foods: Get to Marshall road if coming from Denver. S. Foothills Hwy if from Boulder. Get to the town of Marshall. Go SW on 170, which is Eldorado Springs Drive. Get to the town of Eldorado Springs and it is on the west of the town.
Starting elevation: 6,000'
Ending Elevation: 8,000'
Elevation Change: 2,000' overall
Difficulty: Intermediate/Strenous in places
l hiking time: About 4 hours
Round Trip Length: 7.5 miles
THE APRES Hike:
Old Chicago or C.B & Pott's
(We can decide on the hike, I've haven't been to either recently)
My guess on timing for linner (lunch/dinner/brunch/afternoon tea) is approximately 1:17pm.
NOTES (PLEASE READ!!):
1) PLEASE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO OUR GENERAL RULES, PHILOSOPHY AND LIABILITY WAIVER ON THE MAIN PAGE
2) ** Be ready for any kind of weather as this is late Fall/early Winter. Lots of layers, jacket, hat, gloves/mittens, etc. **
3) ** I don't anticipate needing snowshoes, but I do recommend some Yaktrax, micro-spikes, etc. as the trail may be snowy and/or icy. **
4) Bring extra water, as high elevations dehydrate the body at a faster rate.
5) Hiking poles would be helpful for some of the steep grades and uneven terrain and possible patches of snow/ice.
6) Please remember that mountain hiking might mean that we end up spreading out according to our pace and fitness levels. If you do split off ahead from the group, please wait at the summit for most of the members to arrive. If you can not complete the hike and need to turn back, please inform your organizer that you are leaving.
7) IF you run a carpool, or participate in a carpool, please coordinate with each other as to your individual pace and meeting back at the parking lot!