For those interested in carpooling from Denver, plan on meeting at the Wooly Mammoth Park-n-Ride (Section BB, across from Conoco) in Morrison at 9:15am, otherwise please be at the trail no later than 10:15 (we will start at 10:30).
If not carpooling. take I-70 to Silver Plume Exit #226, go south under interstate, make left going east to parking area.
Elevation Change: 800' overall
Difficulty: Intermediate/Strenous in places
l time: About 5 hours
Round Trip Length: 4 MILES / 8 RT miles
AVALANCHE: CONTACT CO. AVALANCHE INFO. CENTER,[masked]
In 1916, construction began on the beautiful summer resort called Pavilion Point where few remains exist. This trail starts a half a mile from the railroad yard in Silver Plume and connects with the Waldorf Road. Very scenic, beautiful aspen groves.
THE APRES Hike:
606 6th Street, Georgetown, CO
NOTES (PLEASE READ!!):
1) PLEASE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO OUR GENERAL RULES, PHILOSOPHY AND LIABILITY WAIVER ON THE MAIN PAGE - as always - the most important point is that you are responsible for your own safety and understanding what you will need to participate in this outing!
2) ** Be ready for any kind of weather - Lots of layers, jacket/shell, hat, gloves/mittens, etc. **
3)Be prepared with snowshoes, and/ or traction devices
4) Bring extra water, as high elevations dehydrate the body at a faster rate.
5) Poles are highly recommended!
6) Please remember that snowshoeing/spiking might mean that we end up spreading out according to our pace and fitness levels. If you do split off ahead from the group, please wait at the summit for most of the members to arrive. If you can not complete the hike and need to turn back, please inform your organizer that you are leaving.
7) IF you run a carpool, or participate in a carpool, please coordinate with each other as to your individual pace and meeting back at the parking lot!