Trails and Ales Message Board › Meetup details updated: Lower Crater Lakes through East Portal Trailhead

Meetup details updated: Lower Crater Lakes through East Portal Trailhead

mikey
user 30327822
Aurora, CO
All,

A few things;

1) Not sure if I will make the trailhead by 9:15am as I posted, maybe more like 9:30am to 9:45am if the roads are crappy.  My cell is 303-522-2876, but I might not have reception until linner (lunch/dinner) in Nederland.

2)Forecast is a little wetter/snowier/windier than I had anticipated.  But that is Colorado for you.  We will certainly attempt to make the two lower lakes, but just realize if the conditions are bad, we might not make it all the way.

3) Prediction for Nederland, which is near where we are is cold/wet/windy/snowy so please bring appropriate gear like snowpants or windproof pants, parka, hat, gloves/mittens, maybe even a facemask and or ski goggles.  It can get really windy in that area afterall.

4) I will bring my snowshoes in the car and see if I am going to carry them in my pack when I get to the trailhead.  I recommend you do the same.  If you don't have snowshoes, then bring micro-spikes, yaktrax, etc.  I always carry mine in my pack until June frankly...

Guess that is all.  If the conditions are worse than you anticipated, please drop me a note via text, email, phone and I won't count you as a NO-SHOW.

Cheers,  --Mikey