add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Kearsarge Valley Transition Initiative Message Board › Inspiration for growing food and creating habitat

Inspiration for growing food and creating habitat

Candis W.
user 11287922
New London, NH
Post #: 88
This says it all in a few short paragraphs....

"Imagine if we turned half the area of lawn in this country into equal-parts native meadow or woodland, and kitchen garden. That would be over 10 million acres of habitat right at home where we can delight in hummingbirds, beetles, and butterflies. And ten million more acres for growing healthy, fresh food, ripe for the picking."
Sidney P.
user 9619992
Springfield, NH
Post #: 37
I to hope to get back to gardening in the spring. Having had a garden since the 60ies but having to stop when I moved into a condo in Sunapee was a necessary change in lifestyle. Now that i'm in a private residence where I can almost do what I want I'll no one to blame but myself. Salad veggies will be first then who knows. I started this way before and ended up with 2 acres of garden, 12 of corn, 8 cows, 2 sows, 1 bore and lots and lots of piglets.
I had mental treatment since then, only kidding, but it was fun, learned a lot and got devorced.