Transition Portland Message Board › The Work that Reconnects

The Work that Reconnects

Rachel L.
Rachellyn
New Gloucester, ME
Post #: 44
Happy Solstice Friends!

In this season of darkness has brought me to reflect on Transition a bit. What is the next step? How is Transition work different from the work that The Resilience Hub is doing? How is it the same? What is my role in the Transition Portland, living in New Gloucester?

In all of this there is a recurring theme. It is this idea of reconnecting; of the group work that is required to be most resilient in the face of our changing world. It is about our inner capacity to connect and grow and be a seed bomb for the ethics and principals of permaculture; the social permaculture pieces of economic development, financial permaculture, food security, energy decent. All of that. What is ever clear to me and to others that entertain conversations with me about this is that what is required, even requested, of us is this connection, alignment and collective action.

Please check out this video clip of Joanna Macy. http://youtu.be/V6APu...­

This video is a clip of Joanna Macy talking about the Work that Reconnects. What she is talking about is something that I have struggled with about the culture of Transition since the beginning (in the US).

After the New Year, a guest speaker is coming to the Resilience Hub to speak on the Work that Reconnects. An announcement will be out shortly but, this idea of reconnecting to our own selves and to the planet and to each other is something we can talk about.

Thanks for reading,
Rachel Lyn